At Bay Animal Hospital, we prioritize the health of not only our patients, but also of our valued clients and our dedicated and talented team.
We are currently open and available for curbside care! Though some of our services are still restricted, we are now able to conduct certain elective procedures and services such as spays, neuters, Rabies vaccinations and puppy/kitten vaccine series. If you are unsure whether your pet’s medical need can be addressed at this time, please call us at 310-545-6596.
We will continue to look to the CDC and the American and California Veterinary Medical Associations for guidance on how to handle this unprecedented situation. As of now, we will adopt the following procedures to try to keep our team and our clients healthy:
- Please do not come to the hospital if you are feeling sick or if you are self-quarantined due to exposure or high risk. If possible, ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in for you, and give that person any necessary information regarding your pet’s history and symptoms as well as permission to approve testing or treatment if necessary.
- We will be providing curbside care exclusively until further notice. Our Lobby will be closed to the public. Curbside for us means that we will meet you in the parking lot to address your needs.
- If you are picking up food or medication, we will bring it to your car.
- If you are dropping off or picking up for surgery, we will have a technician meet you at your car to transfer your pet and will give you post-op instructions over the phone.
- If your visit is for a sick pet exam, we will take your pet inside the hospital while you wait in the car, and we will call you to discuss our findings, go over medications, etc. and return your pet to you.
- Technician appointments are reserved for medical necessity for your pet only. Please call us to discuss these needs prior to arriving at the hospital. We will follow the same process as sick exams above.
- We will be asking you to pay for services over the phone. If you would like to pre-arrange this, please talk to one of our receptionists.
- Please call 310-545-6596 and select option 2 once you have arrived in our parking lot. We suggest you park in the lower parking lot when spaces are available.
**Safe Transport For Pets & Curbside Care: If your pet can be transported via carrier, please use this method to ensure their safety as we transport them from your vehicle to the hospital and back. Collars and harnesses should also be properly secured and double-checked prior to your hospital visit. Pets that are fearful or fractious may require special considerations in order to safely transfer. If this applies to your pet, we will discuss options with you at the time of arrival.
We will be washing our hands, using hand sanitizer, and wiping down all surfaces as often as we can between patient visits to minimize risk of exposure to our clients and staff.
We will likely be working short-staffed at times, as many of our team members have young children home from school, and because we are asking those who are feeling sick to stay at home. Thank you in advance for your patience as we continue to do our very best for you and your pets.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please call us at 310-545-6596.
Please stay safe and healthy, everyone.
All our best,
Your Doctors and Staff at Bay Animal Hospital